Thursday, December 23, 2010

Post-Turkey Day Brunch in Cedarcroft

Thanksgiving, as most of us figured out long ago, doesn't truly end until the turkey carcass is stripped clean of the last sinew of flesh and is nothing more than a misshapen blob of gleaming white bone.

When I was younger, I would make repeated late-night incursions into the kitchen to peel off strips of bird to make sandwiches, preferably ones that involved a dinner roll, a hunk of cheese, some stuffing, and whatever remained of the cranberry sauce. Now that I'm (arguably) a grownup, I've become a fan of the more genteel option for disposing of the turkey's remains: the post-Thanksgiving brunch.

This year my friends Kathleen and Todd invited me to their place for turkey-and-asparagus crepes with roasted potatoes, coffee, and good conversation on the side.




1 comment: